Sunday 26 July 2015

Week 11 of 20 weeks to Sub 2:20?

M 10.5 miles (6:36mm), 6 miles (7:13mm)
T 17 miles (6:37mm), 4 miles (7:17mm)
W 11 miles (6:59mm), 6 miles (7:08mm)
T Rest
F 6 miles (7:17mm)
S 10.5 miles (6:43mm)
S 22 miles (6:24mm)

Total 94 miles (6:46mm)
Weight 142.4 lbs
Body fat 10.6%
Aerobic efficiency 966 beats per mile.

This week was the first week of the marathon specific stage where the aim was to just get in some decent miles in and ready for the proper work to start this coming week with a big session, big mileage and a big long run!

From a training point of view it went fantastically well. My health is much better than recently and my easy runs are now actually feeling easy, which makes a difference from struggling to go quicker than 7 minute miles just a few weeks ago. I decided to slightly front load the week with miles as I was in London on Thursday with work and knew I would be coming back with a hangover so I would only get minimal miles in on Friday. I had been planning on doing my long run on Saturday but to be honest still felt a bit rough from the wine fest so moved it to Sunday instead. The aim was to get my first 20 in with it not feeling too much of a struggle. I was really pleasantly surprised to be running really well and aerobically I felt incredibly strong. The legs weren't tired either despite the uplift in miles this week. The only thing that was bugging me was my ongoing niggles. A visit to the physio on Tuesday confirmed what I thought in that I have a tilted and twisted pelvis which is causing bad sciatica down my right side and a lot of tightness in my right hamstring/glute. This is basically exactly the same injury I had just over a year ago but the other side. The physio doesn't quite know why it has happened as there has been no specific event or trauma that caused, it has just sort of gradually got worse over the last few weeks. Maybe I just need to make sure I stretch a bit more and get the foam roller out more frequently.

Weight is down about a pound from last week but my body fat has increased slightly (although I doubt that and is probably just a flaw within the scales!). Aerobic efficiency is really good at 966beats per mile average, a similar sort of level that I had at the beginning of March when I was starting to come into some decent fitness.

The big work starts here now with nine weeks to go. I just hope I can get in what I intend to without too many interruptions!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jason! Keep up the good work! Keen to know which scales you use to measure BF %? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I use Tanita BC 543. They also have an athlete mode but I never use that as it just shows me at 5% and never moves. 1) I am definitely not only 5% BF and 2) it should fluctuate a bit from day to day but doesn't if I use that mode, so use the regular mode. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Look reasonably priced, too :-) I shall invest. I was successfully losing weight up until a week ago until I completely lost my head and have put on about a stone this week I think, feeling incredibly guilty (and fat!)

    ReplyDelete