Thursday 29 December 2011

Plans for 2012


I was going to write this blog a couple of weeks ago before starting my training for London but we've been busy getting ready for Christmas and we've had all sorts of visitors to see our baby daughter Mia (the little cutey on the left) who was born on 2nd December. Now Christmas is out of the way and we're just about getting the little one into a routine I finally have time to write down some thoughts and hopes for what 2012 will bring from a training and racing perspective.

I shall do a seperate review of what went well in 2011 but this one is about 2012.

My plans first off are to attempt a PB at London Marathon in April, hopefully getting under 2:30. I have aspirations of getting a top 50 place but that will probably need a time around 2:27 which may be out of my grasp for now. It wont stop me trying though! I will for a change be following a published schedule to see if it works for me. I will be following the Pfitzinger & Douglas 70-85 miles per week schedule and hope to see some good positive results. It also helps, having the thinking taken away from me and jsut do whats on the plan.

After that I am doing the Edninburgh marathon five weeks after London. This is a bit of an experiment really to see if I can hit both pretty hard. I also thought it might be a good opportunity for a weekend away in a beautiful City. Not only this but I may be having a Autumn break next year from marathons just so I can focus on the shorter stuff. I really do feel my short distance speed is relatively poor and will be looking to recitfy this in to the summer and autumn. Perhaps with a period of focusing exclusively on middle distance.

So races booked in:

Kent County Cross Country Championships - 7th January
Kent XC League - 11th February
Battersea Park 10M - 3rd March
Battersea Park 10k - 24th March
London Marathon - 22nd April
Edinburgh Marathon - 26th May

No comments:

Post a Comment